- Choose your favourite design
- Personalise your card & select your options
- Enter the code in your basket
Our colour palette has 100 different colours to choose from. Edit the colour of your design and texts directly in our in our design tool. From rich reds to sky blues, you'll be able to find the colour that suits your style.
What is a Save the Date card?
Save the Date cards are becoming increasingly popular. The idea is to let your relatives know the date of your upcoming wedding several months before the big day. This way, your family and friends will be sure to be there to celebrate your love by your side.
When should you send your Save the Date cards?
Ideally, you should send the cards 6 to 8 months before your wedding. This way, it is unlikely your guests will already have plans, and it will allow plenty of time for them to make travel arrangements & take time off work if they have to.
If you send them over a year ahead of time, they might not think to save the date in their calendars as it will seem so far ahead.
It would also be a shame to send them too late, as those formal wedding invitations would be on their way soon after.
What information should you include in your Save the Dates?
Start with the date! You should also mention:
- The bride and groom’s names
- The city or town in which you are going to get married, or even the exact venue if you are 100% sure about it. This information is optional, but it can be useful if you are inviting friends and family that live far away from wherever it is you’re tying the knot.
- The phrase “Invitation to follow” if you want to add it. This is the best way of ensuring you don’t drown in a sea of messages sent by your not-yet-married or older relatives wondering why the details such as the exact time and location aren’t included.
How should you personalise your wedding Save the Date cards?
You’re ready to get your personalised Save the Date cards! This is the exciting part. If you’re already set on a wedding theme, you could choose your cards accordingly. This isn’t a strict rule — however, if you’re having a beach wedding, your design will probably look completely different from a couple planning a modern wedding in a large city.
If you had an engagement photoshoot, now is the perfect time to showcase one or several of those beautiful engagement photos! After all, a picture really is worth a thousand words.
For those who are looking to achieve a simple, elegant style, why not have your initials and an ampersand in a fancy calligraphy font? Planet Cards makes it easy for you to customise your cards, meaning you can add that personal touch in a matter of minutes.
How can you make your Save the Dates that extra bit special?
If you’re after a very unique visual style, there are several ways you can make sure your Save the Date cards really stand out:
- Go for Save the Date magnets instead of cards! Your loved ones will likely catch a glimpse of your Save the Date every time they open their fridge. With these lovely keepsakes, there is no way they are forgetting that special date!
- Let yourself fall in love with the bookmark format. This way, your cards can serve another purpose, which your guests will most definitely appreciate. It’s all about letting your personality shine through, so if you and your partner are book worms, this would be perfect.
- Consider a round shaped card. Round shaped cards are so unique! If you keep the content short with this format, you can be sure it will look sweet. If you’re a hopeless romantic, you could even go for a heart shaped card.
- Filter by finish. Thanks to our filters, you are one click away from discovering our selection of unique finishes. Having glitter smartly incorporated into the design can make all the difference in the world when it comes to standing out in a graceful manner. The same goes with 3D gloss: our designs make it easy to achieve the wow factor, all the while remaining classy.
Save the date etiquette
One important rule is to avoid including your registry information on the Save the Date card. The aim of this card is simply to happily announce your upcoming wedding and make sure your friends and family make themselves available that day.
The card is usually written in third person, although if you want a more informal vibe, you can make the content as casual as you’d like.
Make sure those who receive your Save the Dates will also be receiving the official wedding invitation!
When it comes to invitation etiquette, it’s all about putting yourself in your guests’ shoes.
What comes next?
Once you’ve sent out your Save the Dates, you’ll enjoy getting those Emails or phone calls from your relatives eager to congratulate you! It’s not too early to start browsing through formal wedding invitations. Make the most of it while your creative juices are still flowing!
Save the Dates
You've set the date of your wedding, it's now time to inform your guests by sending out save the date cards! These chic reminders will give your guests plenty of time to plan and will serve as a lovely reminder of your special day. Make sure to send your save the date cards well over 6 months prior to your wedding (or as soon as you've fixed your wedding date), especially if you are getting married abroad, as your guests will need to book days off, reserve hotels and make all the necessary travel arrangements.
If you're looking for unusual save the dates, we have plenty of fun card formats and designs. From save the date magnets, which your guests can stick to their fridges, to save the date postcards, where you can print your return address on the back and save on envelopes - an environmentally friendly and cost effective option for weddings on a budget!
You can enhance your save the date cards with one of our luxury cardstocks: Select our Cotton Matte card for a classic and chic look, our Luxury Pearl for a glamourous look or our Textured Tintoretto or Textured Corolla for a retro and stylish look. Our folded and flat cards are printed on 300gsm and 350gsm cardstock, respectively. Soften your save the dates with rounded corners, or vamp them up with cloud cut edges. These fantastic new options are simple yet effective and will make your cards even more unique.
Classic & Original Cards
We're constantly adding fresh new designs to our save the date card collection. From fancy florals to chic lines, in all sorts of different shapes and sizes, you'll definitely find a card that you like.
A personalised save the date magnet has fast become the classic way of announcing that you are getting married to your future guests. You can choose a design directly from our wedding magnet page or pick a one sided template from the save the dates cards' page and choose magnetic paper.
One of our new unique wedding ideas is to send out a save the date in the style of a bookmark! Your invitees can keep the bookmark for years to come as a lovely reminder of your big day. It's also a great choice for those wanting a wedding photo booth style card.