- Choose your favourite design
- Personalise your card & select your options
- Enter the code in your basket
Planet Cards is the data controller for this website.
1. How do we collect your data?
There are a few ways we collect your data, mainly when you browse our websites and create an account to make a purchase. Here are some ways we collect your information:
- When you visit our websites and use your account to purchase our products online
- When you create an account
- When you purchase a product or service
- When you sign up to the newsletter
- When you contact us
- When you fill in any forms. For example, when you request a free sample pack
- When you download one of our apps
- When you engage with us or create an account via social media
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
- When you choose to fill in any surveys we send to you
2. What type of data do we collect?
- Your name, billing and delivery address, email and telephone number. Your password login password is encrypted for your security
- Your contact history with customer services, via email, instant chat or over the phone
- How you browse and use our website, including your IP address and device type
- Information from Facebook when you create an account / log in
- Your purchase history and saved items
- Your payment information, to take payment and issue refunds (only if you choose to, and don’t worry, we don’t keep them!)
- Technical information about your browser, which pages you visited, which promotions you clicked on
3. What do we use your data for?
Our principal use of data is to fulfill our contract with you. We also use your data to give you the best possible experience on our websites, by showing or sending promotions and products that are relevant to you. For example, we’ll use your personal information:
- To process any orders that you plan on our websites or apps and send you updates on your order. For example, if we don’t collect your email, we won’t be able to send you your order confirmation or updates
- To delivery your purchases to you. For example, we need your delivery address to send your order
- To send relevant newsletter contents and promotions, to keep you up to date and in the know of the latest promotions. You can opt out of the newsletter at any time from your account
- To reply to your questions or complaints and provide an efficient customer service
- To prevent and detect fraud against you or our company
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions
- To send you sample packs or catalogues by post, requested by you via an online form
- To improve our website and services by understanding your needs
- To show you relevant content that we think may interest you based on your browsing history and page views
- To send you feedback requests on our products and services
4. What rights do you have regarding your data?
You have the right to request information about your stored data, its origin, its recipients, and the purpose of its collection at any time. You have the right to request that it be corrected, blocked, or deleted. You can also correct any incorrect personal information yourself by logging into your account. If you want to exercise your rights or if you have any questions, please contact us. You may also, of course, file a complaint with the competent regulatory authorities.
Withdrawing your consent
Many data processing operations are only possible with your consent. You have the right to change your mind and may revoke your consent at any time. An informal email making this request is sufficient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
Right to data portability
You have the right to have data which we process based on your consent or in fulfillment of a contract automatically delivered to yourself or to a third party in a standard, machine-readable format. If you require the direct transfer of data to another responsible party, this will only be done to the extent technically feasible.
Information, blocking, deletion
You have the right to be provided at any time with information free of charge about any of your personal data that is stored and how it was used. You also have the right to have this data corrected or deleted. You can contact us at any time using the address given in our legal notice if you have further questions about how to amend your data.
5 . Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your personal data with trusted third parties so we can fulfill the terms of your contract. For example, to the delivery courier who will deliver your purchase to you or to banks entrusted to process your payments. We provide only the information they need to perform their service.
Your data will not be transmitted for any other purpose, unless you have given your permission to do so.
Analytics and third-party tools
SSL or TLS encryption
This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and for the protection of the transmission of confidential content, such as the inquiries you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser's address line when it changes from "http://" to "https://" and the lock icon is displayed in your browser's address bar. If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transfer to us cannot be read by third parties.
Encrypted payments on this website
If you enter into a contract which requires you to send us your payment information (e.g. account number for direct debits), we will require this data to process your payment. Payment transactions using common means of payment (Visa/MasterCard, direct debit) are only made via encrypted SSL or TLS connections. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser's address line when it changes from "http://" to "https://" and the lock icon in your browser line is visible.
In the case of encrypted communication, any payment details you submit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Server log files
The website provider automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in "server log files". These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
These data will not be combined with data from other sources.
Registration with Facebook Connect
Instead of registering directly on our website, you may also register using Facebook Connect. This service is provided by Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. If you decide to register with Facebook Connect and click on the "Login with Facebook" or "Connect with Facebook" buttons, you will be automatically redirected to the Facebook platform. There you can log in with your Facebook username and password. This will link your Facebook profile to our website or services. This link gives us access to your data stored on Facebook, including your:
- Facebook name
- Facebook profile picture
- Facebook cover picture
- Email address provided to Facebook
- Facebook ID
- Facebook friends
- Facebook Likes
This data will be used to set up, provide, and personalise your account.
Share content via plugins (Facebook, Pinterest etc.)
Some of our content (products for example) can be shared on other social networks like Facebook, or Pinterest.
Facebook plugins (Like & Share buttons)
Our website includes plugins for the social network Facebook, Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. The Facebook plugins can be recognized by the Facebook logo or the Like button on our site. For an overview of Facebook plugins, see https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
Our website contains functions of the Pinterest social network, operated by Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA. When you visit a page containing the Pinterest social plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Pinterest servers. The plugin transmits this log data to Pinterest servers in the United States. This log data may include your IP address, the address of the websites visited, which also includes Pinterest features, browser type and settings, the date and time of the request, how you use Pinterest, and cookies. More information about the purpose, scope and further processing and use of data by Pinterest, as well as your rights and options to protect your privacy, can be found in the privacy notices of Pinterest: https://about.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy.
We have activated the IP anonymization feature on this website. Your IP address will be shortened by Google within the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transmission to the United States. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and Internet usage for the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent these cookies being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that doing so may mean you will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by cookies about your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Objecting to the collection of data
Outsourced data processing
We have entered into an agreement with Google for the outsourcing of our data processing and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Google Analytics. Demographic data collection by Google Analytics. This website uses Google Analytics' demographic features. This allows reports to be generated containing statements about the age, gender, and interests of site visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising from Google and third-party visitor data. This collected data cannot be attributed to any specific individual person. You can disable this feature at any time by adjusting the ads settings in your Google account or you can forbid the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described in the section "Refusal of data collection".
Google Analytics Remarketing
Google AdWords and Google Conversion Tracking
This website uses Google AdWords. AdWords is an online advertising program from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States ("Google"). As part of Google AdWords, we use so-called conversion tracking. When you click on an ad served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is set. Cookies are small text files that your internet browser stores on your computer. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification of the user. Should the user visit certain pages of the website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the website can tell that the user clicked on the ad and proceeded to that page.
Our website measures conversions using visitor action pixels from Facebook, Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). These allow the behavior of site visitors to be tracked after they click on a Facebook ad to reach the provider's website. This allows an analysis of the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes and their future optimization.
If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt out of usage-based advertising from Facebook on the website of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/.
We also work with online marketing tools, such as Rakuten and Eperflex, to help you find our products and improve your shopping experience. We therefore use your information to target relevant banners or emails to you. We may also engage with other marketing networks and will update the above list accordingly. You can stop seeing or receiving these ads at any time by:
- Cleaning your cookies
- Clicking on the ‘unsuscribe’ link in the emails
6. Marketing messages
If you’ve given us your consent, we’ll send you marketing messages via email, to keep you up to date about new products and latest offers. You can stop receiving these messages at any time by:
- Changing your preferences in your account
- Clicking on the ‘unsuscribe’ link in our emails
- Contacting our customer services
You may still however receive communication concerning any updates on your order or replies from customer services to any queries you may have submitted.
8. Contacting us
If you have any questions about how we protect your information you can write to us:
Hall A 1244 L’occitane
You can also email us at email@example.com or give us a call on 0 567 341 222.