It’s nearly baby time, so let’s have a bit of you time…
It’s important, right before the birth, to take a bit of time out. I’ve drawn together a list of 6 things you should do in those few weeks leading up to your due date.
- Take a break, have a kitkat. No, seriously! Treat yourself to a relaxing pampering session, a bit of choccie to kick in those neurotransmitters and give you a feeling of well-being and bring out (albeit with swollen feet) inner goddess in you!
- Grab a book. And no, not an intellectually stimulating one, nor a ‘how to lose my baby weight’ one, but something you’ve been wanting to read for a while, the latest bestseller, or witty chickflick.
- Get a haircut. Nothing fancy, something manageable, but we always feel good after having been to the hairdressers! (Personally, I go for the ‘free’ head massage)
- Eat. And I’m not even kidding! It’s important for you, and your baby, to maintain a healthy diet right until the end, so no skipping meals ladies! (if that’s even possible…) Plenty of proteins, vegetables and fruits, water to keep hydrated and the aforementioned treat now and again.
- Have fun. Go out for dinner with your partner, go and see the latest movie at the cinema or have the girls over for tea!
- Sleep. It is a well-known fact that lack of sleep is one of the biggest struggles of any new mum, so get as much of it as you can now. Embrace the few lie-ins you have left and don’t feel ashamed to go to bed after the last episode of Coronation Street!
So what’s the conclusion? Eat, sleep and relax…sounds pretty good to me, no?
Photo: Flickr/Ed Yourdon